Standing Committee on Conferences and Events
Members: Chair & Past President, Charlene LeBleu; President-Elect, Sadik Artunç; Regional Director (4), Matthew Kirkwood
Scope: To review and propose policies and procedures related to scheduling, hosting, recruiting, managing and funding CELA or CELA-involved conferences and events including communications with attendees for comped conference registration. Comped registration applies to: Lifetime achievement award winner; Student and Faculty award winners; President, Past President, President Elect; Student Director (Janet Singer scholarship); allied organizations representatives: ASLA, LAAB, LAF, CLARB, ECLAS, EDRA; Poster winner (from previous conference gets $500 toward registration for the following year).
List the expected deliverables related to each goal and expected completion dates. Briefly describe progress on goals.
- Review post conference reviews and host report for implementation and inclusion in the M&O manual
- Review proposals and decide on 2021 conference venue and theme
- Develop conference host proposal form and revise policies and procedures regarding conference host and CELA split, international conferences and expectations
- Investigate sponsorship with budget and finance and event organizers (ESRI plus others who sponsored CELA 2019)
- Investigate potential for Zoom presentations from international registrants
- Provide a timeline April 2019 – March 2020 of priorities to use in reporting to the CELA Board