CELA 2020 ANNUAL ELECTION
The Executive Board of CELA is accepting nominations for its annual election of Officers and Regional Directors through Friday, December 6, 2019. The offices up for election are:
- First Vice President/President Elect (three-year term 2020-2023)
- Second Vice President (two-year term 2020-2022)
- Vice President for Research and Creative Scholarship (two-year term 2020-2022)
- Student Director (two-year term 2020-2022)
Nominations for Executive Committee or Student Director positions may come from any CELA Full or Affiliate Member Institutions in good standing.
- Regional Director (three-year term 2019-2022)
- Region 1
- Region 4
- Region 6
- Region 7
- Region 8
- Region 9
- Region 11
Nominations for Regional Directors may come only from schools or individuals located in each respective region. For example, only a Region 1 school/individual may submit a nomination for Region 1 Director. Self-nominations from The CELA Member Institutions in good standing also are acceptable.
Do YOU know which CELA Region you are in? See the chart below, or click on HERE
All nominees should have the approval of their academic administrators thereby reflecting the institutional support needed to conduct the activities of the position for which they are being nominated.
TO SUBMIT A NOMINATION
Nomination materials must include:
- Brief bio (include previous service to CELA and to institution)
- Qualifications for the position
- A statement that acknowledges and discusses the positon job description, and prospective candidate’s plan to provide service to CELA as an Officer or Regional Director (2 pages maximum)
Submit nominations in PDF file format no later than Friday, December 6, 2019 by Midnight eastern standard time to: firstname.lastname@example.org