TRB Call for Posters
Call for Posters
Critical Research Needs relating to Landscape and Environmental Design Topics
Transportation Research Board 102nd Annual Meeting
AKD40 Standing Technical Committee on Landscape and Environmental Design
January 8 – 12, 2023, Washington, D.C.
The Transportation Research Board (TRB) Standing Committee on Landscape and Environmental Design (AKD40) invites submissions of your work as part of a landscape and environmental design poster session at TRB’s Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C. in January 2023. The theme of the Annual meeting is Rejuvenation Out of Disruption: Envisioning a Transportation System for a Dynamic Future.
Please submit your abstract for consideration for presentation at AKD40’s poster session at the TRB Annual Meeting. Topics that emphasize the following, as they relate to transportation, landscape and environmental design, are a priority for AKD40:
- Energy and Sustainability – design, policies and practices to protect the planet.
- Policy needs related to the roadside environment and autonomous vehicle technology.
- Resilience and Security – preparing for floods, fires, storms and sea level rise.
- Transformational technologies that will change how transportation environments could be retrofitted or rebuilt.
- Roadside Design to serve growing and shifting populations.
AKD40 also welcomes completed and on-going projects from broad landscape and environmental design areas such as Green Streets, roadside environments for pollinators, Complete Streets, transportation design impacts on Main Streets, landscape design to safeguard the public and art in transportation.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: SEPTEMBER 15, 2022
Poster Session Details:
Poster sessions run for approximately 3 hours in the mornings (9:30 a.m. to noon), afternoons (2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.) or evenings (7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.) depending on how they are scheduled by TRB.
- Applicant’s Name and Organization
- Applicant’s Address
- Applicant’s Telephone number
- Applicant’s Email address
- Poster Title and Brief Description/Abstract (500 words max.)
Submit applications and any questions to:
Christine Colley, TRB AKD40 Annual Meeting Poster Coordinator: Christine.Colley@dot.ny.gov