The Board of Directors of CELA seeks nominations for its annual election of Officers and Regional Directors for the following positions. PLEASE NOTE that the CELA Board has expanded the number of CELA Regions to 11 to better serve its member institutions and its expanding global activities. This means that a few CELA members are now in different regions so please confirm your member region before submitting nomination packets.
The 2018 offices up for election include:
- First Vice President/President Elect (for a three-year term 2018-2021)
- 2nd Vice President (2018-2021)
- Secretary and Vice President for Communications, Outreach, and Publications (2018-2021)
- Vice President for Research and Creative Scholarship (2018-2021)
- Regional Director for Region 2 (three-year term 2018-2021)
- Regional Director for Region 5 (three-year term 2018-2021)
- Regional Director for Region 8 (three-year term 2018-2021)
- Regional Director for Region 9 (three-year term 2018-2021)
- Regional Director for Region 11 (one-year term 2018-2019)
- Student Director (two-year term 2018-2020;) a separate process will be announced for this position
CELA-member institutions in good standing and individual CELA faculty from CELA-member institutions in good standing may nominate persons for Board officers and Regional Director positions. Self-nominations by faculty from CELA-member institutions in good standing also are acceptable.
All nominees should have the approval of their academic administrators thereby reflecting the institutional support needed to conduct the activities of the position for which they are being nominated (for example, CELA Board members are expected to attend CELA’s annual conferences at their expense or their institution’s. Support for accommodations and meals for two days of pre-conference Board meetings is provided by CELA.)
Nominations for the positions of First Vice President / President-Elect, 2nd President, Secretary and Vice President for Communications, Outreach and Publications, and Vice President for Research and Creative Scholarship may come from any CELA full-member institution in good standing. Only schools or individuals in Regions 2, 5, 8, 9 and 11 are eligible in this election cycle to nominate from their respective Region for a Regional Director position.
Please access link below for complete details.